Friday 15 January 2016

Day 23 Now only a few hours left to reach home!

Excitement of Return Journey
15 January 2016

I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and then didn't feel like sleeping. I just kept sitting by the window.
With the particular swaying motion of the train, my body too kept swaying. Time and again I was getting lost in my thoughts.. the memories of my ride, the excitement to reach home after achieving something that I had set out for and future dreams... The dawn made way for the morning with me lost in these thoughts..

The girls you see in the picture are my companions for the journey till Pune. They are very affable.
I find the train journey amusing since childhood. The happiness of being a spectator of the different landscapes like trees, rivers, homes passing by.. I really enjoy watching all of this with my head pressed against the window.
Today I had chats for a radio program and for a newspaper. They were interested and curious about my ride.
I wish you all a very Happy Makar Sankranti and Pongal.
Each time I opened window, the winds that carried the excitement of return journey were caressing my face. I remember the all of those who came to see me off, with anxiety and excitement on their face. Now I am looking forward to see happiness and smiles on their face..
Its just a matter of few hours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment