Saturday 9 January 2016

Day 17 Ernakulam to Kayamkulam 100 Kilometres

Mayor flagged me off
9 January 2016


I slept late yesterday. Many people came to meet me and also I had to shift from one place to other for the night stay. By the time I finished my dinner it was 11:00 pm.

In the morning, Junior Chamber International India had arranged a flag off programme for my ride. The mayor of Ernakulam Mrs. Saumini Jain was among the invitees. This programme was scheduled at 08:30 am. So, I had to shift my routine ahead by an hour for this.


. I got ready early and reached a junction in Vytilla. I was happy to see that many people had gathered there and that too, before time. There was a small program and a speech.
.

They had printed banners about my ride. The mayor flagged me off and my ride started. Many people had come there with their bicycles. Some accompanied me for the next 2-3 Kms. The overall program went well.

I started the ride late today and I had to reach Kayamkulam which was 102 Kms ahead. But I kept riding at my routine speed.

While riding a car came by and waved me to stop. I stopped and a lady came to talk. It was Anupama Parameswaran, an actress in Tamil and Malayalam films. She heard about me through a newspaper. We had a brief chat and clicked pictures together. This was the first time a celebrity had come to specially meet me and seeing the treatment I was happy. A completely new experience.

By 01:30 pm I had completed about 50 Kms and arrived at Allapuzha. I had my lunch here. I had 50 more kms to go for the day. I started my ride post lunch avoiding spending any more time on the way now. I had to reach in time as I was yet to figure out a place for my stay in Kayamkulam. 


Finally I reached Kayakulam by 05:30 pm. By then Sudarshanji of RSS had arranged for my stay at Mr Jayprakash G's place. He came to receive me at Shree Ram Krishna Ashram. I also met the swami of the Ashram there. From here I had to ride about 2 Kms to his home. On the way I heard kids calling me by my name. They had heard about the ride on social media, which was shared by the actress Anupama. I had a chat and pictures with them and continued further. Again today's day was nice and it brought me newer experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment